RIDES

admin
Please add your rides by replying to this post.
Scroll to the bottom to see the latest messages.

Re: RIDES

Paul Little
This post was updated on .

We are planning to go for a ride through the back roads to Walkers Snacks at Mildenhall for coffee and then onto route 11 tomorrow Sunday 26th, we will be leaving at 10am and will arrive at Route 11 at around 12 to 1pm.
So if you want to join us get in touch.

We had a good run mostly down country roads, a lot of dirt bikes out and about, caught up with some friends at Route 11 and we rode a total of 77 miles.

Re: RIDES

Paul Little
Jan and I are riding to the Good, Bad and Hungry café for breakfast tomorrow.
Leaving ours at 9am ish   and will be there about 9:45 ish.
Then from there who knows, we will just decide after brekkers.

We had a good ride over to Wingfield made very welcome at the café.
Good breakfast then on to eye to visit the Hardware shop.
Made our way home, only a short ride of 48 miles total.

Re: RIDES

Paul Little
Jan and I are riding to Rednecks Wheelstop Diner in Worlingham, first visit but heard good things about it.
Leaving from ours at 9:30 ish. if you would like to join us then reply to this post.
Paul.

Re: RIDES

Paul Little
Rode to Rednecks mainly through back roads, made very welcome at the café, it is more like a bikers' club house, it has a small stage, a bar, pool table, football table and the menu is massive.
We had the place to ourselves but were told there are always bikers there at weekends.
After brekkers we rode to Oulton Broad and sat outside in the sunshine with a coffee.
Then made our way back home. 91miles in total.

Re: RIDES

Paul Little
Jan and I are riding to The Good, Bad and Hungry Café in the morning, leaving about 10am
should get there at around 11am.
We will decide what to do next from there and probably end up at Route 11 Café in the afternoon.
anyone is more than welcome to join us.

Rode to the Good, Bad and Hungry café, made welcome as usual, had breakfast while listening to 50s music in the background, had a chat with some bikers that turned up.
From there we rode to Needham Watermill and stopped for a few minutes to watch the torrent of water flowing from the millrace due to the flooding of the Waveney, then on to Flixton air museum.
Had a coffee while listening to 40s music then on to Route 11 where there were 15 bikes already at the café and more turning up all the time. Had a cupper, caught up with some friends then home.
73 miles total.

Re: RIDES

Paul Little
Went for a ride on the Zero today not too far due to the lockdown.
in fact just around our garden :)
stopped for tea at The Patio, friendly welcome as usual.
500yrds total.

Re: RIDES

Paul Little
Jan and I rode the Zeros today, firstly to Walkers at Barton Mills which is open for food and drink also the loos are open, many bikes were there and social distancing is in place,  bought coffees and saw a mate whom we had not seen for some time so had a long chat.
Then on to Route 11 Café that is open at weekends for drinks and cake with distancing measures in place
and seating is outside only,  the loos are closed, but fortunately the shell petrol station toilet is available for use, 11 bikes there and more arriving all day.
It was good to see Christine again and had a catch up with five friends who just happened to ride in at different times.
We travelled the scenic route to both cafes and covered 82 miles total.
Great to be out riding again with places to stop off.

Re: RIDES

Paul Little
On Sunday 28th Jan and I with a group of 10 bikers from Route 11 went on a ride from Morrisons Diss  to Finchingfield.
Pleasant old village and large green. tea, beer, food and loos available, around sixty bikes there but only one British classic an Ariel 500 and few Jap 2strokes
Went through a couple of showers on the way back, ended the run at Route 11.
135 miles total.

Re: RIDES

Paul Little
We have been riding the bikes quite a bit on weekends and a few ride outs on Wednesdays.
also have been going to Two Wheel Tuesday at Starwing which tends to be less crowded than old buck.
I am using the Norton more now, since selling the Rocket 3 it has become my main bike for distance at speed.

Take care

Paul

Re: RIDES

Paul Little
Hi everyone

A ride to Guy Martins pub, The Marrowbone & Cleaver in Kirmington Linconshire
is going to be held on Tuesday 10th August 8:30 for 9am Departure at the Mc Donalds car park, Thickthorn Roundabout, Norwich.

Weather permitting

Hope to see some of you there.

Paul

Re: RIDES

JaniceL
Merry Christmas everyone - here's hoping for some good weather and rides in 2022!

Re: RIDES

JaniceL
Ride to Bawdsey Radar Museum Thurs 28th July 2022

Meet at the BP petrol station at the Diss roundabout on the A140, leaving at 10 o’clock, so please arrive shortly before.

Entry £8.00 (£7.50 concessions)

https://www.bawdseyradar.org.uk/visit/#openingtimes

Re: RIDES

JaniceL
Ride to Reunion of the Rockers, Hoveton Village Hall, Sat 13th Aug 2022

Meet at 1pm at the lay-by on A140 Northbound, opposite Dunston Hall

Free Entry to event

Re: RIDES

PMASSING
No Ride planned

just a note to test I am on the site and able to use it!

Paul

Re: RIDES

JaniceL
Proposed rides for January 2024:

Tuesday 16th January: Breakfast at The Hungry Stag, Jn 47a, A14, Bury St Edmunds, IP30 9FX

Tuesday 30th January, Breakfast at Krazy Horse, Bury St Edmunds, IP32 6NU

If the weather's bad, travel by shared car is an alternative

Meeting info will be provided via the WhatsApp group, or use the ContactUs link to ask for more info.